Sex pillows vs regular pillows
Unlike regular pillows, sex pillows are intended for what it is named as. This pillow is intended to be used during a party of legs in the air. Although, out of the question, it is also designed to be placed under your head. However, is designed to raise your pelvis, your chest, or your legs, to obtain different effects depending on the position. And above all, you are free to add one, two, or three pillows depending on what you like the most.
We always like to improvise when it comes to home items and materials. Which is why you may be asking since you have a lot of throw pillows in your sitting room or bedroom, what is the need for an extra pillow for sex? Well, these types of pillows give another dimension to how you see sex and how it is done. Here are some distinct ways sex pillows differ out of the ordinary and the benefits they offer you.
- Sex pillows makes it easier to find the g-spot of your partner: If your girlfriend puts a regular pillow on her lower back just before penetration, it should help you find her g-spot. But the instability of regular pillows will be a problem. However, with a sex pillow, the angle would be more “optimal” than normal.
- Sex pillows make the doggy style even more intense: Eh yes! One or more pillows can also be used during the doggy style. Your blonde can lean over it to make the position more comfortable. She will have less pain in her hands. Also, as with the missionary, some allow you to adjust the angle of penetration.
- The treats will be even better: One of the problems that your girlfriend has while in session is knee pain. It can hurt very quickly, which affects the intensity and duration of your treat. A pillow strategically placed under her knees will solve this problem. As a bonus, you will probably have the best treat ever.
- For solo pleasure: If ever your girlfriend is a lover of solo pleasures, a sex pillow will make her sessions more comfortable. Suggest that she make use of it next time! And why not watch her while she is engaged in this activity?
Features to consider when choosing a sex pillow
Furniture and cushions are some of the most varied home items because of the many materials that there are as well as the taste of users. In the lovemaking department, this is even more varied. This is why choosing on your own, especially when it’s your first, doesn’t end well without consultation and guide. Since this is a little dirty secret, we will answer your questions regarding what to consider before choosing a model. Watch out for the following features.
Type and intended use
Sex pillows are sex pillows, because of their purpose of use, there are no specific types. The only difference is in the shape and design of the pillow as well as the intended use. We have models such as the inflatables, ramps, triangular wedges, the spread bar, and more.
- Inflatable sex pillows: The world of inflatables has emerged in sex item manufacturing. Inflatable sex pillows are, like your air beds for camping, intended to be pumped with air. The best inflatable sex pillows have a valve for holding the internal air and have great resistance which can withstand vigorous sessions. The good thing about this inflatable is that it is easy to stow away, for example, in the wardrobe after use, or be added to your list of caravan vacation items. Most of these inflatables, like the DOMINIX Deluxe Large Inflatable Wedge, can withstand the weight of two persons, between 250 lbs to 400 lbs. They are available as a wedge or ramp.
- The pillow mount: The mount sex pillow is designed to be mounted on during use. They give you a wide range of positions that involves the lady lying or wrapping her body around it, inclining her derriere for the most penetrative force. With this position, double penetration either with a sex toy or in a threesome is a possibility. A good example of this type of pillow is the Liberator BonBon Toy Mount.
- Sex wedge pillow: With the wedge, nothing is impossible. From the over easy, wheelbarrow, the down low, to the grab and go, the wedge offers the best inclination for optimal penetration. Usually triangular, they come in various levels of inclination, from 25 to 30 degrees. In our opinion, the best wedge pillow for sex is the Liberator Wedge triangle sex pillow.
When it comes to choosing covers, you have options between velvety, microsuede, cotton, faux leather, durable plastics, and plush faux velvet, to mention a few. Like in the Fetish Fantasy Inflatable, durable plastics and velvety are used for inflatables to keep the pillow aerated for a long. However, if you want something that includes real foam core, you should know that the foam core takes in sweats a lot and must therefore be well-maintained. This is why we advise choosing models that have fastening zips and can be removable. Cover materials such as cotton and microfiber are the best if you want something you can wash in the machine.
The liner separates the internal core from the cover. As important as this is, not all sex pillows come with a liner. Even though it may affect the final price, we recommend choosing one with an inner liner. It protects the internal core from pressure and also keeps it in good shape. The liner can be made of nylon, as is the case with the Liberator® Jaz Motion Sex Cushion. It can also be made with polyester or TPU like you can find in Pillo.
Which pillow filling is the best? The best known is probably still the classic feather pillow, which provides the right feather fun in a pillow fight. However, high-density foams are the best for pillows you want to come back to shape as soon as possible.
However, the very puffy pillows with a filling of feathers and down have long ceased to be the non-plus-ultra among pillows and ergonomically not really recommended. The following filling materials are preferred by people who like to romp on a soft pillow that they can shape and “cuddle” themselves. With some pillows, the filling amount can be adjusted individually.
Foam cores are suitable for people who use their pillows as a static, comfortable wedge and who do not have the need to cuddle on it. The foam cores are usually surrounded by a washable cover that ensures good moisture transport through padding and quilting.
- Visco foam: The thermo-elastic foam ensures a very adapted and pressure-relieved feeling of lying down with a very good support effect. If you like to stay in a position for a long time and your bedroom temperature is not below 18 ° C, you are well-advised to choose this material. If it is too cold in the bedroom, it will take a long time for the pillow to adjust. Due to the slowed-down restoring force, Visco foam is not recommended for frequent changes of position.
- Latex: The soft material adapts very well to the head and neck area. Differences in lying sensation result from the use of somewhat firmer synthetic latex or natural latex. The foam structure ensures good moisture transport through the open pores. So, latex is also very suitable for people who sweat heavily in the head area.
- Gel foam: This material offers the same properties as Visco foam, but is temperature-independent. You can have a good experience with a gel foam pillow if you prefer a weightless feeling of lying and turning around frequently. Good breathability also ensures a very good sleeping environment in the head area, which is why a core made of gel foam is also recommended for “hotheads”.
- Feathers/down: the higher the proportion of feathers in the filling, the firmer the pillow will be. While down provides softness, the feathers are responsible for the necessary support. Also, the load-bearing effect of the pillow can be increased by a 3-chamber structure, which is particularly recommended for neck support when they are not in a real session. The pillow is then divided into three separate chambers or layers: the middle and supporting layer consists mainly of feathers, while the outer layers with fluffy down ensure a pleasantly soft surface. Down and feathers have a very warming effect, so this filling material is suitable for winter use and those who want a pillow with high fluffiness.
- Animal hair: This category includes fillings made from horsehair, virgin sheep’s wool, and camel down hair. A pillow filling made from horsehair (fleece made from tail and mane hair) is very firm and flat, while virgin wool and camel down hair have soft and adaptable properties. All-natural hair fillings are characterized by good moisture wicking and are therefore particularly suitable for people who sweat heavily during sex and who value bedding made from natural materials.
- Wadding: The filling with cotton is very light – if a real microfiber is used, the weight is hardly noticeable. To reduce the risk of clumping, the wadding is usually made into a fleece. Made of cellulose, Lyocell is the natural variant of upholstery wadding. PU or polyester wadding, on the other hand, is the inexpensive variant of a light pillow filling that provides very high fluffiness. However, the cheaper the filling, the lower the quality and the shorter the lifespan of the pillow. The wadding is just right if you prefer a cuddly pillow into which you sink very softly and which can be shaped and squeezed very well.
- Foam flakes: The flakes or sticks have different properties depending on the material, but are very dimensionally stable and do not lose height quickly. If the foam itself is very adaptable (e.g. latex or visco foam), the result is a rather soft pillow. With flakes or sticks made of firmer PU or cold foam, the cushion is characterized by a high level of support. The filling material is very suitable for people who prefer a high pillow and who sweat quickly. The cushion is well ventilated through the spaces between the foam flakes.
- Hollow fiber balls: The synthetic filling consists of small wadding balls made from hollow fibers. The pillow is therefore very voluminous, depending on the filling quantity. The hollow fiber structure allows moisture to be dissipated very well, but it also insulates very well. Therefore, this type of filling is suitable for people who sweat quickly. Its washability makes it the ideal filling material for allergy sufferers who prefer a soft, light pillow.
- Natural fillings: The fillings made from millet offer a firm, but still adaptable feeling to lie on and are pleasantly warm. If the sex position is changed, there is a slight noise from the grains trickling down. The massage effect of the pillow also promotes blood circulation. It’s suitable for people who prefer natural materials. However, it offers relatively little support.
The angle of inclination will depend on the type of pillow you wish to choose. While mount pillows don’t usually have an inclining angle, ramps and wedges have. The angle gives you a different view to ways you can experience sex, foreplay, penetration, and orgasm. Finding a good angle is ideal for partners who are conscious of their relationship status – either as a dominant or the submissive. If you want to put the power of inclination to test, try models with as much as 27 degrees of angle. The Liberator Wedge is perfect for this.
Dimensions and weight
The dimensions and weight, as with other cushions and furniture at home, is very important with sex pillows. This is because, to be comfortable and ergonomic, they have to be in the right dimensions that befit the users. This criterion also affects storage and transportability. So, if you’ve decided you don’t want your pleasure cushion to stay lying down or add it to your home furniture while not in use, it has to have moderate dimensions – say, 24 inches (L) x 14 inches (W) x 7 inches (H), like the Liberator Wedge, offers. But if you don’t care and you just want to have varying sexual positions that give you satisfaction each time, then the Liberator Sex Position Enhancer with dimensions of 33 inches (L) x 20 inches (W) x 9.5 inches (H) is there for the taking. You only have to sacrifice its portability and give it a permanent storage position in the sitting room, since it is also decorative.
There is only one reason why you may need a pillow with a fastening system: washability. Removable and washable pillows usually have side fastening systems that let you separate the cover from the core and prepare it for washing by hand or in the machine. The best fastening systems are zips. But velcro fasteners are also common, hold well, and are easy to wash.
The cover of the pillow determines the water tightness. If you’ve chosen an inflatable pillow, then having a waterproof cover is ideal and this must be made with synthetic materials such as faux leather or durable thermoplastics.
Otherwise, a water-resisting cover should be enough for models with foam core. The cover should also have a moisture resisting or wicking ability so as not to soak up during use.
Sex pillows are a bit really expensive and so deserve an avenue whereby you can cushion up for a loss of investment in case it leaves you disappointed. Choosing a pillow with as much as a three-year warranty like Dame offers the Pillo will leave you assured of its quality and reliability. While the warranty can also exceed this period in some models, other brands offer less warranty period. However, the best guarantee options for comfortable furniture and cushions are the sleep trials, as offered by most mattress manufacturers.
Sleep trials are offered for sex pillows too and can range between 30 nights, 70 nights, to 100 nights.
That is to say, you are given a trial period to test the pillow to see if it ticks the boxes in terms of quality and suitability to your taste. If not, before the trial period elapses, you can choose to return the pillow, have a refund, or continue using it.
As earlier mentioned, sex pillows come a bit pricey because of their purpose and the technology used to manufacture them. The entry-level pillows such as our Budget Pick, the Fetish Fantasy Inflatable, can be generally bought for a price ranging from $50 to $100 price. Inflatables are the least expensive. However, if you want a real pillow with foam cores, removable covers, and inner lining, be prepared to pay between $100 to $300.
Maintenance and storage
Loose-filled pillows should be fluffed regularly to maintain fluffiness and adaptability. In the case of washable fillings, it is advisable to wash the entire pillow approximately every six months; the same applies to washable pillow covers with a foam core. If the user sweats heavily or is allergic to house dust, more frequent cleaning may be appropriate.
Care includes, above all, regular shaking of the pillows and airing it out with the window open or in the fresh, dry air. Most of the pillows we chose are washable. This is indispensable and is generally a practical additional benefit, especially when regular washing – for example due to allergies or increased hygiene requirements – appears necessary.
Pillows made of cotton, linen, and natural latex flakes are washable at 40°C. We recommend using a natural, gentle detergent, ideally, a neutral detergent specially formulated for natural fibers.
Pillows with natural latex flakes should be put in the dryer after washing. Cotton are small remains of seed pods in the finished fleece. After the first wash, these can sometimes leave slight dark edges on the cover fabric. You can prevent this by putting the washed pillows and blankets made of organic cotton in the dryer immediately after the wash cycle. The longer the products stay moist, the more likely it is to cause discoloration. The addition of stain remover also helps to prevent such discoloration.
Blankets and pillows filled with fine hair such as alpaca wool, yak hair, and camel hair should not be washed. The fine nonwovens would not withstand the enormous stress caused by the washing and drying process, and the products would lose their excellent properties.
Still, even a carefully and regularly cared for pillow cannot serve well forever. They are exposed to severe stress and must be able to absorb a lot of moisture and evaporate again in the course of their life.
Tips and tricks
Sex without sex toys is only half the fun? Perhaps. But start “small”! The most important thing you need for more fun in bed is not battery-controlled and is like those in your bed: the sex pillow.
If you use your sex pillow correctly, it can whip your sex life into high gear. We’ll give you tips on how to make the pillow into a playful sextoy.
- The pillow foreplay: Childish teasing is ideal as foreplay. Loosen up the mood in the bedroom by starting a pillow fight and knocking the pillows around your partner’s ears. The little scramble in bed immediately increases the desire for more in both of you.
- The way to the G-spot: Has it started? Wonderful! If you’ve never had the G-spot orgasm before, this is your chance: The pillow helps your partner to find the right angle. Place the pillow under your thighs. This increases the angle of incidence of the penis. This gives him more freedom of movement and makes it easier for your partner to reach the G-spot. Speaking of the penis: These sex positions are particularly suitable if your partner has a small penis.
- The doggy style 2.0: Doggy style is not only one of the most popular sex positions but also one of the most strenuous positions. A pile of pillows can help. Stack several pillows on top of each other and lean over them. In this way, you relieve your arms and make the “four-footed stance” more comfortable for you.
- The butt stacker: If you prefer to lie on your stomach during lovemaking, lie down on a wedge pillow to raise the position of your buttocks. Here too, you enlarge the angle of incidence for him – and thus the feeling of pleasure. This trick guarantees an orgasm.
- Spooning: There’s no question about it, the spoon position is great – especially when you’re the little spoon. Sometimes all of the huggings, laying on top of each other and lying next to each other doesn’t go as smoothly as you’d like. A cushion between the knees of the small spoon can make the position a little more comfortable and prevent uncomfortable dislocations.
- Balance sizes: Often sex between partners who are of different sizes is a real challenge – without a “Hayden Panettiere/Wladimir Klitschko” difference between you. These differences are particularly evident in lateral positions. Fortunately, there is also a rescuer in this case – a cushion under the hips of the little one eliminates physical differences.
- Relax your neck: Men (or women) who have given women oral gratification once (or more often!) know the problem. At some point, rigid neck sets in. This is because your clitoris is not that easy to reach while lying down. So make it easier for him or her and put a pillow under your bottom. Your hips are raised slightly and are therefore much more accessible. Then nothing stands in the way of your orgasm!
- Relaxed cowgirl: The better it is equipped, the difficult it will be for you once you are upstairs. To avoid uncomfortable contortions, place a pillow under your right and left knee. You will see that the position can be performed much more comfortably and gives you more leeway.
- De-stimulation: If it looks to be coming “too fast”, a pillow can also help. Placed under his tailbone or lower back (here you have to try a little depending on how you feel), this can contribute to his de-stimulation. Ideally, this will also lead to you two climaxing together.
- The “lazy” dog: Doggy style is one of the positions many women can come in best. Depending on the size difference between the partners, the position can sometimes be a little “tricky”. Once again, the cushion is your best friend in these situations. While lying with your stomach facing up, place a pillow under your stomach. Close your legs and then let him enter. You will see that the “tightness” that this creates is particularly satisfying for both of you. Plus for women: The slight pressure that the pillow exerts on your stomach is extra stimulating and promotes orgasm.
- The knee protection: There’s nothing more disappointing than being fully in action – especially in more unusual places like the table, the washing machine – and having to stop in the middle of sore knees or elbows. Instead of bravely enduring the pain and risking bruising, put your pillow under it. Then continue!
- The solo game: Even when you’re taken, you don’t have to go without pampering yourself. Use one or more pillows to support your legs when masturbating. As a support, the pillows reduce any pain or stiffness in the outstretched legs if it takes longer.