What is a vibrating anal plug?
A vibrating anal plug is an automatic sex toy with more or less conical shape intended for anal stimulation.
Usually composed of a tapered end that allows them to fit easily into the anus, anal plugs gradually gain in size before ending with a thinner shaft and a flared base that will prevent you from any mishap.
The anal plug is specifically designed to allow you to explore the pleasures of sodomy. It gently stretches the rectal passage to stimulate the sensitive nerve endings that line the inside and outside of the anus.
Vibrating butt plugs vs. regular
The difference between a regular and a vibrating butt plug is that while the latter is electronic, the former is manually-propelled. The vibrating butt plug, as its name suggests, vibrates while inside you, giving you a new level or pattern of sensation. Vibrating plugs, in most cases, do not need your effort. Most models, like the Booty Blaster Vibrating Butt Plug, are designed to be used hands-free. As a plus, they come with remote control, whether wired or wireless, and can be controlled with an app. Vibrating anal plugs are designed with versatility in mind. Would you like to engage your hands in the act, making you warm up to the regular manual models? Then, know that there are some models of vibrating models like the BASICS Vibrating Butt Plug, which can be used with the vibration mode turned off.
Features to consider when choosing a vibrating butt plug
Here in this section, we offer you some information on the essential features and criteria to look out for while choosing your vibrating butt plug for men or women.
There are two types of power sources in a vibrating plug.
- Removable batteries: There are models that use removable AA, AAA, or LR44 batteries. These batteries may or may not come with your package. However, these models are relatively cheaper than the next type we’ll see.
- USB-rechargeable: These are models with built-in batteries. They are more expensive and can be recharged with a USB connection. While offering autonomy of around 1 hour to 3 hours, they can complete charging in 60 to 90 minutes.
- Removable batteries + built-in batteries: As we see in different home appliances, these are very practical. It adapts to your needs. You can have them charged up for travel or simply insert your batteries when the built-in battery’s power is down.
Speeds and patterns
What differentiates vibrating anal plugs from the manual ones is the varying speed and vibrating patterns. The speed and patterns can range between 1 to 15 and more, offering the users varying levels of sexual sensations.
There are various types of vibrating plugs. These include:
- Remotely controllable vibrating plugs: These have a remote control which may be wired or wireless. It’s perfect for two and offers even more practicality.
- The vibrating eggs: There are mini vibrating egg anal plug models for men and women. When plugged in, the movement of the ball inside, you makes a unique sensation!
- Inflatable plugs: These are ideal for beginners. The user can better control the size of the object by inflating/deflating the plug.
The material a sex toy is made of is vital for safety and health reasons as well as for ergonomic purposes. When you buy a sex toy, you want to be sure that your money is spent on a product that is:
- non-toxic (phthalates, latex-free, etc.)
- non-porous, to prevent bacteria from growing)
And yet, many materials do not meet these few characteristics. So, therefore, here are the materials to favor and to avoid like the plague!
- Vibrating silicone butt plug
Silicone is healthy for the body, non-porous, and hypoallergenic. It is a durable material that is quite flexible and soft. Only ensure you use it with a water-based lubricant. A good example is the Lovehoney Bedtime Bullet 10 Function Plug.
We totally approve of it!
Metal is healthy for the body, non-porous, and smooth. It is a very rigid, durable, and very easy to maintain material. It retains heat and cold well and is ideal for new sensations.
We approve of it!
The glass plug is healthy, beautiful, smooth, and stiff. It also retains temperatures well. On the other hand, it is quite fragile and should not be dropped. Avoid those decorated with paint.
We approve of it!
ABS means that it is certified plastic, and therefore safe. As we can see in the Tracey Cox Supersex Vibrating Butt Plug, it is a rigid and hypoallergenic material that holds up rather well over time.
We approve of it!
Wooden plugs are beautiful, softer to the touch than metal and original. However, it is expensive, and its quality varies significantly between manufacturers. It’s difficult to guarantee that it is not dangerous.
We are not a fan!
It is made of hypoallergenic rubber, certainly, but porous! Avoid it as much as possible because the quality is very variable, in addition to retaining odors.
We disapprove of it!
Very soft and inexpensive, these anal plugs are especially dangerous. They are fragile, friable, often contain phthalates, and are not very durable.
We totally disapprove of it!
Total length, circumference, and insertable length
There are many first-time users of anal sex toys who have sworn with their lives never to try out anal sex again! This is because they got it wrong with this criterion. There are sizes for everyone, whether male, female, newbies or the pros. The length spans between 5 inches to 12 inches; the more experienced you are, the longer the length you choose within this range. As for the circumference, 3-4 inches is right for starters or the apprehensive. Then, as you advance, move towards 5-inch-circumference toys.
The flexibility of a plug depends on the material it’s made of. The type of design also determines this criterion. An inflatable vibrating plug is only made of flexible materials such as soft silicone or soft plastic. These two materials guarantee soft to firm flexibility, making it ideal for a first-time user. However, materials such as PVC, metal, glass, etc. are usually rigid and more suitable for advanced users.
It’s hard finding an automatic anal plug that is waterproof, although they are not very scarce. If you want models that are waterproof, look for silicone plugs. They are non-porous. We can still find models such as the Fifty Shades of Grey Delicious Fullness Vibrating Butt Plug. Completely waterproof, they are not only non-porous; they are hypoallergenic and easy to clean. However, with plugs that are not waterproof, you can only clean them with a wipe or special cleaning product.
How to clean your vibrating butt plug
Here is a short list of things you have to do to keep your toy clean and safe for further use:
Each sex toy has its instructions
Before the very first use, it is necessary to do the first cleaning. And before the very first cleaning, you must read the instructions. The instructions let you know if the sex toy is waterproof or not, if there are products to avoid when cleaning it, or if there are special instructions. It is essential to read the instructions to limit the risk of any infection.
Must be cleaned after each use
- Cleaning a vibrating plug is simple. You have to clean systematically after each use, even if you plan to use it again before the night is up.
- For vibrating sex toys, it is advisable to remove the batteriesbefore cleaning them. Take a look at your leaflet for more information.
- Cleaning is effortless. You can use lukewarm water and soap (not perfumed) or a special sex toy cleaning spray.
- You have to disinfect an anal sex toy. If the sex toy is made of silicone, glass, or stainless steel, it should be immersed for 10 minutes in boiling water. Remember to check if it is waterproof and remove the batteries beforehand. Otherwise, it must be cleaned with great care using a disinfectant, then re-clean it with lukewarm water and soap.
- After cleaning, place the sex toy on a clean cloth and let it air dry.