What is a prostate massager?
A prostate massager (or prostate stimulator) is a sex toy specially designed to stimulate the prostate gland sometimes called the P-spot. After locating this gland with their fingers, many men decide to buy a special prostate sex toy.
Most prostate stimulators, such as the Magic Missile Vibrating Ribbed Silicone Male Prostate Massager have a tapered and pronounced end. This facilitates insertion and targets the point P without worry. Some are also equipped with a wired remote control. This will allow you to add vibrations to your pleasure.
Still others, such as the Lovehoney Joyride 7 Function Silicone Prostate Massager, have an external stimulator that caresses your perineum. This is the erogenous zone located between the anus and the scrotum.
The largest prostate stimulators, such as the 6.5 Inch Vibrating Prostate Massager from the brand Dr. Joel Kaplan, target the prostate more easily. However, they are often considered as sex toys for experienced users. They are, in fact, ideal for beginners.
If they are a little less skilled at locating the prostate gland, the prostate stimulators ending in a finer tip, like the Aneros Helix prostate massager, can make this anal experience even more intense.
Do you want a vibrating prostate massager? Know that you will have the possibility of deactivating its vibrations if you wish. But, that on the contrary, you will not be able to use a classic prostate massager (without vibrations)!
Whichever prostate stimulator you choose, know that they all work more or less the same.
Prostate massager – pros and cons
To analyze the pros and cons, we have to see the types of prostate massagers first.
Types of prostate stimulants
To date, there are many different massagers, which are divided into:
- Those introduced into the rectum – invasive.
- Those applied externally – non-invasive.
The best prostate stimulator, which can be attributed to the first group, is used for more complex treatments than prevention. Other models are cheaper and do their job well. There is a massager whose head turns and simulates the caress of the prostate. But this particularity is not very welcome in this type of massage as it is riskier.
The second type is less effective, although the design is very simple. You have to put it in a chair or car seat, where men spend most of their time. Then you have to sit so that the elongated part is under your scrotum, going from side to side.
Invasive stimulants are more effective, but require special attention during massage than the second type. Non-invasive prostate stimulators (which have critical contradictions) do not require any special conditions of use. Very often, they are used to improve the urogenital system.
Invasive massagers are capable of reaching the highest state of the prostate.
In clearer terms, one technique consists of making a gentle and firm coming and going, in and out of the rectum for ten minutes. Another method is to massage the prostate using an automatic stimulator that fits inside the rectum. This technique increases tone and provides better overall control of the bladder. These medically recognized stimulators exist in all sizes and work in tightening the muscles of the anal sphincter after insertion.
A peripheral prostate massage is also practiced. It is done by a health professional who determines the most suitable. There are actually 4 types of massage possible. There is the peripheral abdominal massage; massage of the inner thigh; perineum massage and peripheral anal massage.
Advantages and disadvantages
These massages are practiced according to two techniques: gentle or vigorous massages:
- Advantages: The gentle massages help to facilitate drainage of the prostate when it is swollen. They also relieve tension and pain in the surrounding areas.
- Disadvantages: Intense massages are a more aggressive technique, and you have to tread with caution because they involve risks. Indeed, an overly vigorous massage can cause tears. It can cause the release of toxic antigens and inflammation of the urethra or epididymitis. It may even cause perforation of the wall of the rectum. A tear in the urethra can lead to a narrowing that gradually occurs and goes unnoticed for months. Release of toxic antigens can lead to sepsis and become fatal. Tearing or perforation of the rectum causes the appearance of hemorrhoids.
It is, therefore, important that the massage procedure is controlled. It must consist of regular lateral movements which do not focus on a single point to avoid damage to the glands.
Automatic prostate massager vs manual
Would you like a vibrating or non-vibrating model? It all depends on your desires as well as your degree of excitement. If you like to lead the dance, a non-vibrating stimulator such as the Lovehoney Booty Buddy Silicone Butt Plug will do miracles at low prices! So take the time to learn the ropes before using the more “efficient” models such as the Rocks Off 7 Function Massager and the Aneros Vice 2. You must note that letting the anal vibrator do the work is more than fun. Finally, note that our body will get used more quickly used to (repetitive) vibrations than to artisanal stimulations.
Features to consider when choosing a prostate massager
To choose the right prostate stimulator, it is important to look at some very specific criteria. These include the:
There are two power types when it comes to prostate massagers: the cordless vibrating or electronic models and the manual types. The powered types can either use AA or LR44 batteries or have built-in batteries which will then be rechargeable. The models which use replaceable batteries can require between one to three batteries. These may or may not be included in the package, depending on the brand. However, the rechargeable models are more expensive but offer good value for money on the long-run.
Speeds and patterns
These are features to consider in the automatic models. Models with varying speeds and patterns make the experience more enjoyable. They give you the chance to select what suits your mood. Each pattern can trigger different sensations. Each speed level is suitable for each varying experience level.
Particular attention must be paid to the choice of material; the latter should best meet your desire! There are 3 materials of sex toys heralding your future pleasure:
- The silicone prostate stimulators: Luxury sex toys, they are neither soft nor hard. They adapt quickly to your body temperature while being very hypoallergenic.
- The latex prostate stimulators: More flexible and accessible, yet they are more irritating than silicone toys. They’re also less easy to wash.
- The rubber prostate stimulators: These are popularly used. Don’t buy those that have phthalates, and those whose coating has oil. Also, materials with endocrine disruptors are carcinogenic.
All men who use prostate massagers will recommend silicone. If the price of these anal plugs is higher, note that they will be easier to maintain. They will last longer and will be most easily used during solitary pleasures.
Remember that a good anal sex toy must feel good without being unpleasant. For starters, an anal vibrator that is of 3 cm in diameter or 3 inches in circumference is enough, as for example, the Lovehoney Rookie massager. Once you get used to anal stimulation, do not hesitate to change it for a 5 cm prostate stimulator. This will hold more in place while being more enjoyable (the most sold). Thrill seekers can turn to an XL anal stimulator, which can exceed 6.5 cm diameter or 4.5 inches circumference, as it is to be seen by the Nexus Revo massager.
Overall length and insertable length
Regarding the length of the prostate stimulator, take the length of your middle finger as a reference. The goal is that the head of the sex toy is positioned at the level of your chestnut and stays in place! Having to hold it down diminishes the charm of the experience.
The insertable length is usually around 75-80% of the overall length. A length of 3.5 inches, such as is offered by the Lovehoney Booty Buddy Silicone Butt Plug is suitable for beginners, but may not be ideal for advanced users. However, a model with a length of 7 inches, such as the Fun Factory Duke Massager is great for advanced users.
Silicone prostate massagers have the characteristics of being naturally flexible. However, irrespective of what the type of material is, you have three options to choose from: the rigid, firm, and the flexible. The flexible are the most recommended. Prostate massage has to be done without throwing caution into the wind. Bowel tears are real, and they could lead to sepsis. So, we always ask you to choose flexible models such as the Fun Factory Bootie Ring.
In terms of the ingress protection rating, two types are common with prostate massagers: the splash resistant and the waterproof models. The splash resistant models aren’t waterproof. However, during maintenance, they can be wiped clean, but you can not completely submerge them in water. Meanwhile, the 100% waterproof models are the best, although the most expensive. They are easier to maintain because you can submerge them in water completely. Most manual models are waterproof.
Ambassador of male pleasure, the anal plug is present in the catalogs of many specialized brands. So how do you choose your prostate stimulator when you have so many choices of brands? Many of them stand out with unique know-how and expertise based on several years of experience. When many manufacturers of anal vibrators highlight the design of their products, you can only discover the quality of manufacture of the prostate stimulator. The materials used will bring out the pleasure that sleeps in you! However, there are also brands which you should avoid. We’re not looking to name and shame poor-performing manufacturers in the erotic market. However, some of the most reliable prostate massagers manufacturers include, and are not limited to, the following:
- The Fun Factory: The German giant is at the service of male pleasure! The pacemakers Fun Factory’s toys are made with top quality materials with medical and hypoallergenic silicone. The finishes are, for the most part, carried out by expert hands.
- Nexus: Nexus is a London brand entirely dedicated to male pleasure. It is the first vibrator brand to have designed a prostate stimulator. These sex toys of a new kind have conquered men by bringing them orgasms of incomparable intensity. High-quality stimulator manufacturers, Nexus manufactures its sex toys with great standards. It prefers to offer high-quality products rather than many models. You will, therefore, find components such as silicone or surgical steel, bringing a real plus to the experience.
- Shot Toys: This is an American brand that focuses on design. It always brings new proposals, and its products are highly identifiable. It is one of the best-selling brands in the world, and they manufacture all kinds of products. Shot Toys is one of those brands that offer an endless catalog. Some of its best-known proposals are vibrating penis rings, with very original designs. They make plugs, vibrators and other more exclusive products that only this brand offers. These include professional dance bars or masturbating mouths for men.
- We-Vibe: We said that there are brands that specialize in a type of sex toy, We-Vibe is one of them. Based on the best technology, this manufacturer focuses on the sector of vibrating products. Today, it is probably the largest reference in terms of vibrators for women and men.
- Lelo: LELO is perhaps the most exclusive and elegant sex toy brand in the world. It started in Sweden and is currently found in multiple countries around the planet.
- Lovehoney: The undisputable market holder, LoveHoney, is a UK brand. In addition to distributing and selling multi-brand products, it owns the Official Fifty Shades of Gray brand. It produces high quality sex toys under this name.
- Aneros: Aneros is a manufacturer of sex products and adult toys but has specialized in prostate stimulating toys. The company has won several awards with her products in competitions such as the Xbiz Awards, “O” Awards and Sexual Health Expo.
How to use a prostate massager
Located a few centimeters inside the anus, in front of the rectum, the prostate (or point P) is a typically male erogenous zone. By stimulating it, this gland can make you reach explosive orgasms that will shake you from head to toe. It can even lead you to nirvana of multiple orgasms.
The prostate isn’t really difficult to locate. But to get the most out of it, you need to give it some time and do a little learning.
Steps to use a prostate stimulator
Almost any modern prostate stimulator allows you to massage at home. A similar procedure is performed by the rectum. This process is not only useful, but it is also enjoyable, although many men are too embarrassed to admit it. Before starting a massage, your sex toys should be prepared. It should be rinsed with warm water. It is possible to use a condom.
- First take a comfortable position, either lying on your back with your legs in the air or leaning forward on a bed or sofa. The man is in a comfortable position for him while the anus was completely relaxed.
- Then lubricate your anus and also lubricate your sex toy with an anal lubricant. This helps to facilitate penetration and makes it more pleasant. If this is your very first anal experience, take it slowly, and smoothly.
- Once your prostate stimulator is in place in the anus, make circular movements all around the prostate gland to your sex toy. Ensure you mentally take note of your most sensitive areas. The movement should imitate that of the screwing device. Once the massager enters completely, it goes up into the prostate gland. This feeling manifests itself immediately. Of course, everyone is different, but the effect is almost always the same. It is a pleasure and a feeling of excitement. Circular movements to massage the prostate should not go for more than 15-20 minutes a day. You can repeat it 3 to 4 times a week.
- Put a little pressure on your prostate gland to see what effect it has on you. More pressure allows many men to get closer to orgasm or reach it faster. By reducing the pressure on the prostate, it is the opposite. You will make the pleasure last.
- For even more intense sensations, we advise you to stimulate the prostate. You can do this by making rapid and jerky back and forth movements with your sex toy. By the force of experience, some men even manage to reach orgasm without the help of their hands. They just need to play with their anal muscles and let their prostate stimulator follow the movements of the body.
Treat yourself without jerking off!
Prostate sex toys offer you long and powerful orgasms without lifting a finger. Either way, take your time and explore, it’s important! And don’t forget that we are all different. If you haven’t reached the pleasure that you hoped to achieve, don’t give up. It may be just that this is not the right sex toy for you. Choose a smaller or larger model, or perhaps a vibrant model.
Remember that the prostate massage must be done gradually. Experimentation is the key to success. It is possible that the first model is not adapted to your morphology. So do not hesitate to try one of a different shape, another size. Take into account user reviews as well as the brand’s reputation (choosing a good sex toy is a task!).
Prostate massager – tips and tricks
Each prostate stimulation experience is unique, but these tips can always let you relax and increase your chances of having a Super O.
- Get really excited: A prostate stimulation session can last a few hours, so it’s easy for the mind to wander. You’re going to have a hard time feeling anal pleasure if you’re not as excited. So make sure you really get anxious for it (in proper words, try to be “horny as fuck”) before starting a session. Think erotic thoughts, watch porn, do whatever you need to do.
- Smoke weed (if it’s legal in your country): If you live in an area where recreational marijuana is legal or decriminalized, the THC in the weed can really help relax your body. It will let the pleasant contractions take over. Some people also feel very excited after a J, which also helps. Obviously, the herb is not for everyone, but it is often mentioned on online threads as a huge help for many users.
- Play with your nipples: We don’t care if you’ve never touched your nipples in your life. You better play with these damn nipples! Male nipples are good for one thing. These are powerful erogenous zones on your body that can dramatically increase your sexual arousal, especially when you are not allowed to touch your penis.
- Minimize distractions: Playing with the prostate puts you in a quasi-meditative state that requires total relaxation. So you need to make sure you have plenty of time and that you don’t get distracted for a few hours. If you stop every 5 minutes to send a WhatsApp to your girlfriend, you will lose the flow and will get nowhere. It is generally best to do this before going to bed at night when there are few potential distractions to disturb you.
How to clean your prostate massager
The cleaning process cannot be the same for each dildo. And yes, each device has its own specificities. For example, with the Lelo Hugo SenseMotion, you have to read the user manual. This will allow you to know all the basics, from use to cleaning.
The importance of the lubricant
Lubricants are mandatory when using a prostate massager. They facilitate penetration and allow you to better feel the pleasure. In addition, they ensure comfort throughout the duration of the act. Based on water or petroleum jelly, lubricants or intimate gel reduce the risk of anal lesions almost to zero.
Clean your prostate massager: each time you wash it
Before and after each use, your prostate massager must be thoroughly cleaned. If your sex toy does not have a motor, be it silicone, glass, or stainless steel, cleaning will be done with a mild soap or using a special antibacterial. Then you should wipe it with a wet cloth. And if they work with a battery, you should disinfect them taking care to remove the battery first.
In any case, whether your sex toy is vaginal or anal, you must pay attention to the following points:
- Silicone: Cleaning can be done thoroughly in boiling water for up to 10 minutes. You can add a tiny bit of soap. This also serves as sterilization;
- Glass: You should clean it with soap and water while brushing in a pan or in the dishwasher;
- Gelatinous latex or rubber: The cleaning method involves washing with water and antibacterial soap. But as these are porous, it is preferable to put on a condom because dirt can be lodged in the pores;
- Steel: You can either clean it with soap and water.
Health restrictions for the use of a prostate massager
There are also contraindications for which it is not recommended to use the prostate stimulator:
- Prostatitis in acute form.
If you have any of these health issues, it is best not to use a prostrate massager. It can worsen your health. Consult your doctor immediately if any pain or bleeding occurs after a massage.